Amanda-Users

Re: planner schedule ?

2004-01-15 09:26:48
Subject: Re: planner schedule ?
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:24:52 -0500 (EST)
Jon,

> Why do you bring up degraded mode?

err, I'd thought I'd had the terminology down.

Degraded mode - not using spool area, writing to tape, performance degraded.
vs
Tape unavailable - keeping whatever will fit in spool, as you noted
downgrading (up'ing?) the dump level if possible/required.

If what I'm calling "tape unavailable" is "degraded" then does the
first case have a name ?

                                                thanks,

                                        Brian "Jargon impaired" Cuttler