Amanda-Users

Re: Backing up a Windows 2k3 share via Samba using Kerberos

2004-01-12 12:55:29
Subject: Re: Backing up a Windows 2k3 share via Samba using Kerberos
From: "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:49:51 +0200
Hi!

> I want to back up my Windows /home userspace, which is served as part of
> a dfs volume (//server/dfs/home to be precise) from our Windows 2k3
> ADS.  Here's what I've done so far on the Amanda linux RH9 box:
>
> 1. Installed Samba 3.0

<snip>

> However, overnight it ran and failed with the following errors:
>
> /-- keep.cis.u //server/dfs/home lev 0 FAILED [no backup size line]

I don't know about the Kerberos stuff, but the line above is known to
mean that your version of Amanda is too old to be used with Samba 3.0.
This problem should go away if you upgrade to Amanda 2.4.4p2. Other
issues with Kerberos might still remain, though.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* How can i miss you if you won't go away?