Amanda-Users

lost tapelist question

2004-01-12 07:41:40
Subject: lost tapelist question
From: "Mark Le Noury" <markl AT bbd.co DOT za>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:46:55 +0200

Hi,

Is there a way to manually re-create the tapelist file? I deleted all the tapelist files out of the wrong config directory today – now amrecover says “No index records for disk for specified date” when I try to do a restore.

Is there a way to “catalogue” the tapes that I have already made backups to and recover the lost info?

I guess now would also be a good time to find out what I need to be backing up on my amanda server. I’m guessing everything in /etc/amanda/config

And everthing in /var/lib/amanda/config?

Thanks,

Mark Le Noury