Amanda-Users

Re: disk offline ?

2004-01-08 11:39:21
Subject: Re: disk offline ?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: osimon AT picturesafe DOT de
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:37:10 -0600
--On Thursday, January 08, 2004 17:21:48 +0100 Oliver Simon <osimon AT
picturesafe DOT de> wrote:

> I can su to amanda and chdir to usr and everything else thats failling ?
> Is it maybe because of the filesystem xfs on the target-machine ?
> I think amanda wants to do a xfsdump there, right ? I tried to run it as
> amanda and got it complaining to be root to run ... !?

You must use the right version of dump for the filesystem.  Was Amanda
built with support for xfsdump ?  Are the disks on all your clients
xfs or just on the one new client?  If you have a mixture of filesystem
types, I'm not sure how you configure multiple flavors of dump in one
setup, hopefully someone else here has done it and will say how.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Systems Administrator                           Voice: 512-374-4673