Amanda-Users

disk offline ?

2004-01-08 09:51:32
Subject: disk offline ?
From: Oliver Simon <osimon AT picturesafe DOT de>
To: AMANDA <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:51:21 +0100
Hi Group !

Maybe anyone has a hint for me ?
We have about 30 Servers, all UNIX. They are all backed up with amanda,
which worked very good, until some problems occured.

I defined a TestSet an tried to put in a new host. But I don´t get it to
work. I want to do a dump of the following partitions, which are really
partitions on the target-host.

-<snip disklist>
daisy           /               comp-hd-dump
daisy           /boot           comp-hd-dump
daisy           /opt            comp-hd-dump
daisy           /usr            comp-hd-dump
-</snip>

If I put comp-hd-tar in here, all works fine ... !?

-<snip report>
FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  daisy      /usr lev 0 FAILED [disk /usr offline on daisy?]
  daisy      /opt lev 0 FAILED [disk /opt offline on daisy?]
  daisy      /    lev 0 FAILED [disk / offline on daisy?]

DUMP SUMMARY:         DUMPER STATS            TAPER STATS
HOSTNAME  DISK  L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s MMM:SS  KB/s
-------------- --------------------------------- ------------
daisy     /           0 FAILED ---------------------------------------
daisy     /boot       0    6410   5472  85.4   0:023511.7   0:023484.9

</snip>

Why does /boot work ??? Ups, just saw it worked only the first time ...
Now its the same message ...

And, does comp-hd-tar eat more cpu ? I would think so, or am I false ?
Last Backup this night

Were great anyone had a tip !

...olli