Amanda-Users

Re: D'oh! Disklist file gone.

2004-01-05 12:41:51
Subject: Re: D'oh! Disklist file gone.
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: "Ken D'Ambrosio" <kend AT xanoptix DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 11:39:55 -0600
--On Monday, January 05, 2004 12:08:03 -0500 Ken D'Ambrosio <kend AT xanoptix
DOT com> wrote:

> I made one of those ironic little glitches today: I was deleting old disklist
> files, when someone asked me an unrelated question, and wound up deleting
> "disklist*".  Wups.  And the ironic factor, of course, is that the amanda
> directory, itself, isn't
> backed up.   [We've been working on getting the server up-and-running, and
> hadn't yet gotten around to putting itself in the disklist.]  Is there any
> way to re-create this without starting from scratch?  Is it tucked in any log
> file anywhere, or
> anything of that sort?
>
> Thanks much...
>
> Ken D'Ambrosio

Recovering the list of hosts and directories should be easy, just
get them from your email report, or run amtoc if your report's
fieldwidths are too narrow for the full paths.
   The dumptype would be harder.  If you used the same one for
everything its no problem, otherwise you might have to dig through
the debug logs on the clients to see what programs you were using
(dump or tar or ..).   Some of the details you might just need to
recreate from scratch (like spindle numbers or start times).

Good luck,
Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Systems Administrator                           Voice: 512-374-4673