Amanda-Users

Re: gtar always doing fulls with --listed-incremental even if level > 0 ?

2003-12-24 11:51:55
Subject: Re: gtar always doing fulls with --listed-incremental even if level > 0 ?
From: Scott Mcdermott <smcdermott AT questra DOT com>
To: tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:49:03 -0500
tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com on Wed 24/12 10:41 -0600:

> >        record          no
>

> Is the box saving any historical backup info? Can't do an
> inc if it has nothing to compare with.
>
> /etc/amandates
> /etc/dumpdates
> /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/

There's stuff being saved in gnutar-lists definitely, but
amandates is empty.  I'm not using `dump' so does the
`record' option matter? You can clearly see the
--listed-incremental option being given to tar in the
`runtar' outputs I attached in the original email.