Amanda-Users

Re: WARNING: database01: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?

2003-12-22 11:51:39
Subject: Re: WARNING: database01: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Dean Pullen" <dean.pullen AT virtuefusion DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:36:08 -0500
On Monday 22 December 2003 08:36, Dean Pullen wrote:
>Doing this:
># /etc/init.d/xinetd start
>
>Produces this:
># Starting INET services. (xinetd)
> failed
>
>And by the way the end of the log states:
>Dec 22 13:39:38 database01 xinetd[1909]: 1909 {init_services} no
> services. Exiting...

D***!

Dean, this install is fubar I do believe.  Well maybe not fubar, but
it should be showing a count of other services it starts by default,
not 0.  I have 7 other services started here.

In that directory, a "[root@coyote xinetd.d]# grep no *|grep disable"
returns this:
amanda: disable = no
amanda: disable = no