Amanda-Users

Re: database01 /export lev 0 FAILED 20031222[could not connect to database01]

2003-12-22 11:46:37
Subject: Re: database01 /export lev 0 FAILED 20031222[could not connect to database01]
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Dean Pullen" <dean.pullen AT virtuefusion DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:43:51 -0500
On Monday 22 December 2003 11:23, Dean Pullen wrote:
>I'm getting a failure when running amdump.
>database01 /export lev 0 FAILED 20031222[could not connect to
> database01]
>
>It seems I'm having a few different packets dropped to different
> ports when using amdump, so presumably this is the problem.
>
>What ports does amanda use? I'm seeing ports such as 32776, 32777,
> 32778 etc appear in my shorewall packet drop log.
>
>Dean.

You may have to cut a hole in shorewall for amanda.  I think there is
something re that in the docs dir.  Or possible the docs for
shorewall might have some usefull notes.  I'm running a firewall,
iptables here, but its between the nic feeding the modem and that
box, I'm on a seperate nic in that box so its not effecting me.
Because of that, I don't have any amanda vs firewall experience at
all.

Kinda seemed like the way to do it, and its worked very well, none of
those network scanner tools can see my machine at all except for a
closed ident port.  No response to anything else.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: