Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore problems, could not stat file

2003-12-12 12:42:32
Subject: Re: amrestore problems, could not stat file
From: jessica blackburn <jblackburn AT hirzel DOT com>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: 12 Dec 2003 12:38:26 -0500
Here is my amanda.conf file:

org "DailySet1"         # your organization name for reports
mailto "amanda"         # space separated list of operators at your site
dumpuser "amanda"       # the user to run dumps under

inparallel 4            # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel
netusage  600 Kbps      # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per
sec

dumpcycle 2 weeks       # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 10         # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
tapecycle 15 tapes      # the number of tapes in rotation
                        # 4 weeks (dumpcycle) times 5 tapes per week
(just
                        # the weekdays) plus a few to handle errors that
                        # need amflush and so we do not overwrite the
full
                        # backups performed at the beginning of the
previous
                        # cycle

bumpsize 20 Mb          # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 ->
2
bumpdays 1              # minimum days at each level
bumpmult 4              # threshold = bumpsize * bumpmult^(level-1)

etimeout 300            # number of seconds per filesystem for
estimates.

runtapes 1              # number of tapes to be used in a single run of
amdump
tpchanger "chg-multi"   # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "file:/backup/" # the no-rewind tape device to be used
changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/chg-multi.conf"
changerdev "/dev/null"

tapetype HARD-DISK              # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes
below)
define tapetype HARD-DISK{
        comment "20GB Hard disk"
        length 20000 mbytes
}

labelstr "^DailySet1[0-9][0-9]*$"       # label constraint regex: all
tapes must match

holdingdisk hd1 {
    comment "main holding disk"
    directory "/var/tmp"        # where the holding disk is
    use 290 Mb
 chunks

    }

infofile "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo"    # database filename
logdir   "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1"            # log directory
indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index"      # index directory

define tapetype QIC-60 {
    comment "Archive Viper"
    length 60 mbytes
    filemark 100 kbytes         # don't know a better value
    speed 100 kbytes            # dito
}

define tapetype DEC-DLT2000 {
    comment "DEC Differential Digital Linear Tape 2000"
    length 15000 mbytes
    filemark 8 kbytes
    speed 1250 kbytes
}

define tapetype DLT {
    comment "DLT tape drives"
    length 20000 mbytes         # 20 Gig tapes
    filemark 2000 kbytes        # I don't know what this means
    speed 1536 kbytes           # 1.5 Mb/s
}

define tapetype SURESTORE-1200E {
    comment "HP AutoLoader"
    length 3900 mbytes
    filemark 100 kbytes
    speed 500 kbytes
}

define tapetype EXB-8500 {
    comment "Exabyte EXB-8500 drive on decent machine"
    length 4200 mbytes
    filemark 48 kbytes
    speed 474 kbytes
}

define tapetype EXB-8200 {
    comment "Exabyte EXB-8200 drive on decent machine"
    length 2200 mbytes
    filemark 2130 kbytes
    speed 240 kbytes
}

define tapetype HP-DAT {
    comment "DAT tape drives"
    # data provided by Rob Browning <rlb AT cs.utexas DOT edu>
    length 1930 mbytes
    filemark 111 kbytes
    speed 468 kbytes
}

define tapetype DAT {
    comment "DAT tape drives"
    length 1000 mbytes          # these numbers are not accurate
    filemark 100 kbytes         # but you get the idea
    speed 100 kbytes
}

define tapetype MIMSY-MEGATAPE {
    comment "Megatape (Exabyte based) drive through Emulex on Vax 8600"
    length 2200 mbytes
    filemark 2130 kbytes
    speed 170 kbytes            # limited by the Emulex bus interface,
ugh
}

--exclude-from="filename"

define dumptype global {
    comment "Global definitions"

}

define dumptype always-full {
    global
    comment "Full dump of this filesystem always"
    compress none
    priority high
    dumpcycle 0
}

define dumptype root-tar {
    global
    program "GNUTAR"
    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
    compress none
    exclude list "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/exclude.gtar"
    priority low
}

define dumptype user-tar {
    root-tar
    comment "user partitions dumped with tar"
    priority medium
}

define dumptype high-tar {
    root-tar
    comment "partitions dumped with tar"
    priority high
}

define dumptype comp-root-tar {
    root-tar
    comment "Root partitions with compression"
    compress client fast
}

define dumptype comp-user-tar {
    user-tar
    compress client fast
}

define dumptype holding-disk {
    global
    comment "The master-host holding disk itself"
    holdingdisk no # do not use the holding disk
    priority medium
}

define dumptype comp-user {
    global
    comment "Non-root partitions on reasonably fast machines"
    compress client fast
    priority medium
}

define dumptype nocomp-user {
    comp-user
    comment "Non-root partitions on slow machines"
    compress none
}

define dumptype comp-root {
    global
    comment "Root partitions with compression"
    compress client fast
    priority low
}

define dumptype nocomp-root {
    comp-root
    comment "Root partitions without compression"
    compress none
}

define dumptype comp-high {
    global
    comment "very important partitions on fast machines"
    compress client best
    priority high
}

define dumptype nocomp-high {
    comp-high
    comment "very important partitions on slow machines"
    compress none
}

define dumptype nocomp-test {
    global
    comment "test dump without compression, no /etc/dumpdates recording"
    compress none
    record no
    priority medium
}

define dumptype comp-test {
    nocomp-test
    comment "test dump with compression, no /etc/dumpdates recording"
    compress client fast
}

define interface local {
    comment "a local disk"