Amanda-Users

Refusing lvl 0

2003-12-12 12:56:54
Subject: Refusing lvl 0
From: Andrew Hall <halla3 AT corp.earthlink DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:52:24 -0500
Greetings,

I have amanda 2.4.4 running on FreeBSD.  My setup is to have amanda
write all backups to the holding disk, and then once weekly flush to
tape.  I don't really like it this way, but it must be.  So currently
there is an active tape in the drive, which amanda cannot right to, of
course.

My issue is that one of my targets is overdue for a lvl 0, but amanda is
only running incrementals on this target.  Can anyone shed some light on
why amanda would be forcing a lvl 1, even when a lvl 0 is overdue?

>>From amdump:

host:/target overdue 7 days for level 0
pondering host:/target... next_level0 -7 last_level 1 (due for level 0)
(picking inclevel for degraded mode)
   pick: size 48189400 level 1 days 11 (thresh 20480K, 1 days)

TIA,

Drew