Amanda-Users

Reusing tapes from a previous config

2003-12-01 16:28:20
Subject: Reusing tapes from a previous config
From: "S. Keel" <sakeel AT u.washington DOT edu>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:26:28 -0800 (PST)
Hey everyone,

I'm setting up another config on a different server, and would like to
reuse the tapes from the previous config.  I've started with a fresh
setup, but have configured it very much the same as the previous server.
The 'labelstr' is the same as the previous config.  But I get the
following error:

ERROR: /dev/nst0: reading label: Input/output error
        (expecting a new tape)

The tapes that I'm using were labeled from the previous server.  I plan to
just overwrite them.  Do I need to amlabel -f the tapes to make the new
config think they're new tapes?

Thanks,
Stefan