Amanda-Users

Re: Help - recovering without amanda

2003-12-01 16:33:51
Subject: Re: Help - recovering without amanda
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Rebecca Pakish Crum <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:30:05 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 at 3:21pm, Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote

> Has anyone ever done this? I'm finding the documentation confusing.
> We're working on disaster recovery and I'd really like to know how to do
> this...
>
> Specifically - in 'the chapter' they outline the commands one is
> supposed to use, but I don't understand them...

docs/RESTORE is pretty clear, IMHO.  Have a look at that, and then let us
know *exactly* what you don't understand.  As a short intro, you use 'mt'
to position the tape, 'dd' to grab the raw image off the tape, and
restore/'tar x' to extract the contents of the image.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering