Amanda-Users

AMANDA PROBLEM

2003-11-26 17:45:34
Subject: AMANDA PROBLEM
From: Curtis Vaughan <curtis AT npc-usa DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:42:33 -0800

I have tried sending this to the Amanda Users list several times, but it will never go through. Although just a test message goes through. Here we go again.

So, here is the result of an amcheck. What is the possible problem with the system? Why is expecting a new tape? Is there a way to reset the device and make it think there is a new tape in? Thanks!

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/tmp: 728376 KB disk space available, that's plenty
ERROR: /dev/nst0: reading label: Input/output error
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index/localhost: does not exist
Server check took 16.436 seconds

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

Curtis Vaughan