Amanda-Users

Re: backup lasts forever on large fs

2003-11-11 12:04:47
Subject: Re: backup lasts forever on large fs
From: Zoltan Kato <kato AT inf.u-szeged DOT hu>
To: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:00:44 +0100 (MET)
My config is the following:

Amanda server runs on the same machine (i.e. the tape drive, which is a HP
DLT 40/80GB attached directly to this server). I can succesfully backup
other parttitions from the same machine as well as from other clients. I
can also backup a single home directory (I've tested with /home/kato) from
the /home partition succesfully. However, when the full /home directory is
listed in disklist, the backup runs forever (well, we have stopped it
after 10+ hours) and no partitions are backed up (I guess Amanda waits for
all partitions before starting any backup).

I've mentioned the number of i-nodes as the size of the partition is not
that big but we have about 3000 users so the 50 GB is made up of many
small files. Hence if anything is special about this partition then it is
the number of files.

I attach the amanda.conf and disklist files to my email.

Thanks again for any help,

Zoltan

http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~kato/  -- research in computer vision
http://www.cameradigita.com/       -- photography (online gallery)