Amanda-Users

Re: Win32 client (was: Re: Amanda GUI)

2003-11-04 20:39:33
Subject: Re: Win32 client (was: Re: Amanda GUI)
From: David Wolfskill <david AT egation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:35:43 -0800
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 09:35:24AM -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:

> [Re: win32 amanda client from sourceforge)....
>
> But in the testing so far, we're finding some odd results:

> * Trying to use the "amrestore" on the Win32 side, the "ls" command
>   doesn't seem to work.
>
> At some point, I would like my employer to contribute some resources
> toward making this version of the amanda client solid enough to install
> from the directions and run.  This may include paying someone to
> implement "selfcheck," for example, as well as other parts of the Win32
> client that need attention.  Speaking only for myself, I would be less
> interested in a GUI for any of this, but that's just me.

Has anyone got "amrecover" for a file backed up via the win32 client to
actually work?

If so, how?

If not, it is possible that my employer would be willing to pay someone
to bring it sufficiently up-to-date that it actually works.  (Since the
backup image is created OK, we are expecting that this ought not be a
huge amount of work for someone with a reasonable ability & willingness
to develop in/for the win32 environment.)  It would be Nice(tm) if, aas
an additional result, it would be possible to do an amrecover from the
UNIX side against a backup created in the win32 side and have a
reasonable expectation that some arbitrary set of the files could be
restored.

[I note that I was given a pointer to "star", which may well help with
the latter task, but does nothing, as far as I know, for restoring files
in the win32 environment.]

Thanks,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                                 david AT egation DOT com