Amanda-Users

Re: Verify Tape Integrity

2003-11-01 03:38:28
Subject: Re: Verify Tape Integrity
From: "Rick Duvall" <rduvall AT onlinehighways DOT net>
To: <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 00:33:39 -0800
So, if the first 2 feet are damaged, then can't I take the cartridge apart
and cut the first 2 feet off of the reel and re-assemble the cartridge?

Where these tapes are hanging up is about the 6th filesystem tarred and
written to tape.  The amverify is failing on the 6th fileno.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall