Amanda-Users

Re: tape problem

2003-10-26 18:16:32
Subject: Re: tape problem
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Yogish <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:10:50 +0100
Yogish wrote:
Hi all
I am facing problems with the tapes. Everytime I try to run amcheck,amverify or amdump it says its expecting a new tape. Here are the results it puts out when I run amcheck Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /home/amanda: 29635568 KB disk space available, that's plenty
ERROR: /dev/nst0: reading label: Input/output error
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 0.016 seconds

I strongly believe that the amanda.conf you send is not the one
that is used!  Or you changed it very recently.

From your amanda.conf:

> tapedev "/dev/st0"

This is wrong: it is the rewinding device, and if I remember correctly
I pointed out this and other errors in your amanda.conf a few weeks ago: