Amanda-Users

tape problem

2003-10-26 12:32:22
Subject: tape problem
From: "Yogish" <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:28:57 -0700
Hi all

I am facing problems with the tapes. Everytime I try to run amcheck,amverify or amdump it says its expecting a new tape. Here are the results it puts out when I run amcheck

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /home/amanda: 29635568 KB disk space available, that's plenty
ERROR: /dev/nst0: reading label: Input/output error
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 0.016 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.010 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)
amdump
rom amanda@brokerserver  Sun Oct 26 10:43:15 2003