Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover error

2003-09-25 14:22:22
Subject: Re: amrecover error
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: chris weisiger <chrisw AT neill DOT net>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:17:28 -0500
--On Thursday, September 25, 2003 13:01:49 -0500 chris weisiger <chrisw AT
neill DOT net> wrote:

> When i  run that command i get the following:
>
> /dev/tape: No such file or directory
>
> do i have to create a symlink from /dev/sg0 to /dev/tape ??

Most likely your tape drive is /dev/st0, sg0 is probably the
changer device. The default device for mt on linux is /dev/tape,
but you can also tell it what device to use, such as
mt -f /dev/st0 rewind
or you can symlink /dev/tape to whatever device it is. Yoiu can
check dmesg or your boot messages to see what device your system
thinks the tape drive is.

BTW, I think Jon had the right idea about your amrecover problem.
I overlooked that you were trying to use a tapelabel as the tape
device.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Systems Administrator                           Voice: 512-374-4673