Amanda-Users

amanda using tcpd daemon

2003-09-19 14:48:49
Subject: amanda using tcpd daemon
From: Marc Cuypers <mozilla AT mgvd DOT be>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:34:11 +0200
Hi,

I'm using debian woody, amanda 2.4.2.

I'm only backing up the server to a local tape device.

I got the following problems.
In inetd.conf are the following lines:

        amandaidx stream tcp nowait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
amidxtape stream tcp nowait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped
        amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/lib/amanda/amandad amandad

Everything is OK.

After changing those lines to and 'kill -HUP <pid of inetd>':

        amandaidx stream tcp nowait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
amidxtape stream tcp nowait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped
        amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amandad

Now amcheck gives me the message that the client host is down.

Changing back to the first version of inetd.conf and doing 'kill -HUP <pid of inetd>' doesn't resolve the problem. Only after rebooting everything works again.

In my hosts.allow is the following:

        ALL: ulysses.lan.publivandyck.be
        ALL: ulysses.lan.ulysses.be
        ALL: localhost