Amanda-Users

RE: Crashing machine

2003-09-18 17:35:27
Subject: RE: Crashing machine
From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>
To: "Amanda Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:11:11 -0400
I have to second Paul on this one. If you would like, you could go through
any number of processes to make sure the AMANDA code is the same as it was a
month ago when everything was fine (MD5SUM against backups, Re-install,
etc.) and I expect you will still have the problem, which leaves either (a)
non-AMANDA software, or (b) hardware. As the hardware is subject to thermal
stress, and the sofware is only subject to stray alpha particles and disk
error, I'd lean towards hardware. As a test, if you have another server
available, you could build AMANDA on another machine and move the tape
subsystem over. If the problem doesn't follow...