Amanda-Users

Re: who has built Amanda on one of the Cobalt server appliances?

2003-09-12 09:23:16
Subject: Re: who has built Amanda on one of the Cobalt server appliances?
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: AMANDA Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:20:43 -0400
On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 00:31, Craig Dewick wrote:
> I'm thinking of building and installing Amanda on my Cobalt Raq2 unit, and
> was wondering what experience any of you may have with doing this?

We have a number of Raq appliances here, but they are mostly raq3/4
models.  We do have one raq2 but it has been out of production for
several years.  I recall having some problems building software on it
due to some missing/non-standard header files.  Also, gcc is likely to
be pretty old, so that may present problems with current source.  If you
can get an updated gcc on there, you might have better luck.  But try it
first with the stock gcc and see what you get.

Good luck!
Eric