Amanda-Users

Re: odd problem setting up amanda on Linux

2003-09-11 16:31:35
Subject: Re: odd problem setting up amanda on Linux
From: Harlan Harris <harlan AT harris DOT name>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:25:29 -0400
Hi,

The obvious thing to check on a Red Hat Linux box is that the
firewalls are not blocking the packets.  If either machine has it's
firewall enabled, it'll result in this kind of wierd timeouts.
This was exactly right! The firewalls were blocking the packets. I disabled them, and things now work correctly. Configuring the Linux firewalls to allow Amanda and Samba would be the next step. I'll ask Red Hat about that -- it didn't look obvious how to do that... Thanks!

-Harlan