Amanda-Users

odd problem setting up amanda on Linux

2003-09-11 13:02:56
Subject: odd problem setting up amanda on Linux
From: "Harlan Harris" <harlan AT harris DOT name>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:59:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I'm just starting to set up Amanda, and am having trouble. I've got two Red Hat
9 Linux boxes, one as the server, and one as a client. The server backs itself
up fine. But the client is timing out. I've determined that it's connecting,
but the server isn't properly ack'ing the client! I attach a log file. I'm
using the RPM of Amanda, and didn't compile it myself (I can if necessary).
Version is 2.4.3.

Couldn't figure out how to even search for this problem on the archives of this
list! It's hard to describe! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

 -Harlan