Amanda-Users

Estimate timeouts

2003-09-10 06:57:35
Subject: Estimate timeouts
From: Jack Baty <jbaty AT fusionary DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 06:55:27 -0400
It feels like I'm *this* close to having this critter working.

The DLEs on the amanda server are being backed up just lovely. I can't,
however, seem to back up a remote client(only tried one so far). After
15 minutes or so, I get the report mailed to me with

".../usr lev 0 FAILED [Estimate timeout from..."

I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. amcheck runs fine, ports
10080,10081,10082 and 10083 are open through the firewall. Inetd seems
to be firing off the amandad process on the client. I don't see anything
in any of the myriad log files (that I've found).

Could someone point me to a few things I might check?

Server is Debian-woody
Client is FreeBSD 4.8 installed from port but reconfigured
--with-user=amanda

Thanks

--
Jack Baty
Fusionary Media: http://www.fusionary.com/

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated." -- Poul Anderson