Amanda-Users

Re: Not again !!!

2003-08-07 02:21:23
Subject: Re: Not again !!!
From: Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas.ecarnot AT accim DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:19:15 +0200
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 à 02:23:30PM -0500, Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote:
> those who are bothered to be unprepared. Get a spam server...deal with
> it, move on. Or maybe those complaining would like to contribute and
> maintain a spam/virus server for the list. This is the 4th or 5th time
> this year this subject has gone on for far too long. Amanda is free, the
> knowledge everyone gains and contributes her is free, if the price is to
> be 'bothered' with extra emails, then pay for some other backup utility
> and you won't be bothered again.

Excuse me but I don't really understand where is the *need* of accepting
attachements in a mailing list read by amanda sysadmins, people that use
to deal with **TEXT** config files all day long ?

There is **absolutly** no need to accept the attachements.
If anyone would ever need a binary or a picture of my dog, I would post
an URL. So simple !

That would avoid :
- the viruses
- the too many automatic answers coming from antivirus software
- the network load
- the long and repeating threads

--
Nicolas Ecarnot