Amanda-Users

2003-08-06 15:27:12
Subject: Summary: Run time-- how long?
From: "Bruntel, Mitchell L" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:22:48 -0500
Quick summary:  No it should not have taken 40+minutes to run amcheck.

Reason?
Looks like problem was I somehow backed out a small variable called tapedev (in
chg-scsi.conf was set to 1[of 3] drives) but just did nothing here.  SO it just
waited ... and waited... and waited...

Jay suggested a truss which got me to looking why it had no output...

... and then i discovered SOMETHING ELSE was gone from my configuration... oh
for a working backup of my backup system!

Mitch

I originally asked: