Amanda-Users

RE: "no slots available" error with amanda and chg-zd-mtx

2003-08-01 19:02:23
Subject: RE: "no slots available" error with amanda and chg-zd-mtx
From: "Woodman, Joel" <woodman AT chuma1.cas.usf DOT edu>
To: "'Jay Lessert'" <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:56:13 -0400
Jay,

Thanks for the reply. It's unusual behavior for a query that's checking the
slots for tapes and tape labels, but I've gotten the impression Amanda is
fairly paranoid about explicit instructions. "Show me the contents of all of
the tape pod's slots" is not the same as "show me the contents of all the
tape pod's slots and then return tapes to their original locations," and
there's probably a good reason for that which I'm missing.

Anyhow, thanks to the list at large for the hand. Next stop is reconciling
large full backups (~100GB) with small incremental backups (~10GB) without
wasting tape.

-Joel