Amanda-Users

Re: Setting up chg-scsi

2003-07-28 21:02:16
Subject: Re: Setting up chg-scsi
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Joshua D. Bello" <josh AT nextrials DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:57:24 -0400
On Monday 28 July 2003 20:07, Joshua D. Bello wrote:

>runtapes 1 # number of tapes to be used in a single run
>tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # the tape-changer glue script
>tapedev "/dev/nsa0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
>rawtapedev "/dev/nrsa0" # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
>changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/daily/chg-scsi.conf"
>changerdev "/dev/ch0"

The *real* tapedev(ice) is specified in chg-scsi.conf, here in
amanda.conf, the proper useage is a number from 0 to whatever, that
represents the index number of the configurations present in
chg-scsi.conf.  It can contain more than one set of specs, and you
must specify here, which it is to use from the (possible) choices in
chg-scsi.conf.
As I only have one config spelled out in chg-scsi.conf, it is tapedev
"0" in my amanda.conf.

Likewise, and as it clearly says, define only one, so the rawtapedev
line, the whole thing should be commented out.  Ditto for changerdev,
that also is properly spec'd in chg-scsi.conf, in the configuration
number referenced above.

chg-scsi.conf should start out resembling this:
-------------------------
number_configs  1
eject           0       # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep           13      # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax        100     # How many times could a cleaning tape be used
------------------
Then each of these 'configurations' in chg-scsi.conf will look
something like this, bearing in mind mine is a linux box so the
devices shown are 'linux' devices
--------------
#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config          0
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/nst0       # the device that is used for the
tapedrive 0
startuse        0       # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse          3       #
statfile        /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape-slot  # The file where the
actual slot is stored
#cleancart      3       # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for
drive 0 is located
#cleanfile      /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape-clean # The file where the
cleanings are recorded
usagecount      /usr/local/etc/amanda/totaltime

# This is the end
The next one would start out as 'config 1' etc..

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: