Amanda-Users

chg-manual bug?

2003-07-28 05:03:16
Subject: chg-manual bug?
From: Matthias Bethke <Matthias.Bethke AT gmx DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:50:57 +0800
Hi all,

I just set up my first amanda config for my private network, to try it
out before I put it on a larger installation at university. I have a
P3-450 fileserver with a single big SCSI disk and a DSS-2 drive[0]. That
means I have to use the "manual changer" method -- but amcheck failed to
run chg-manual, complaining about a "command not found" in line 33. Now
I'm not a shell programming expert, but
| EGREP=grep -E
certainly looked wrong to me. Quoting did it:
| EGREP='grep -E'
Mine is a Linux system where /bin/sh is a link to bash, but I don't
think the Bourne shell would like the above either, would it?

Other than that, amanda seems to be running fine, I'm just doing my
first full dump (tar, that is) in the background. Can't wait to try it
on the 6x40GB jukebox @work :-)

regards
        Matthias

[0] Here's the tapetype as determined by amtapetype, with a 120m tape:
define tapetype DEC-TLZ07 {
    comment "DEC DSS2 drive"
    length 3848 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 392 kps
}
BTW, this is almost identical to the TLZ06, excpet that the 06 is DDS-1
and should thus have half the capacity. Just in case anyone still uses
these...