Amanda-Users

Re: Skipped backups

2003-07-22 08:24:43
Subject: Re: Skipped backups
From: Roland Schützner <roli AT ains DOT at>
To: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:22:59 +0200
Well, the problem when using testing-debs or tagged packages (/etc/apt/preferences) that some basic stuff like libc, etc. is updated to testing too because of the dependencies. A simple solution for this "problem" (for me anyway) is to get the testing source-package and compile it against the standard woody. BTW., it's also a nice way when U have to change the standard configure settings (like port-ranges, etc.). It was my first debian package that I installed that way but it was really straight forward...

Cheers,
-Roli