Amanda-Users

dumb ideas week on the BRC channel

2003-07-16 09:54:32
Subject: dumb ideas week on the BRC channel
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:49:43 -0400 (EDT)
sorry, too much DISCOVERY channel...

I'm (still) in process of cycling through my tape pool for
my new jukebox. I was out last friday and the latest tapes
hadn't been labeled and we wrote what we could to spool to
the holding area.

Is there anyway to pre-select tape labels and apply them
dynamically when an unlabeled tape is found in the drive ?

Idea(?) two. Can we set and environmental variable for the
name of the configuration ? I don't know about anyone else
but on 12 of my amanda servers I service only a single
configuration and I end up typing the same configuation name
for every command on any specific machine.

Yes, I do have a single processor with multiple configuration
but that is sort of an exception - one I hope to eventually
do away with.

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org