Amanda-Users

RE: Pre-emptive sanity check Question

2003-07-15 15:01:41
Subject: RE: Pre-emptive sanity check Question
From: "Bruntel, Mitchell L, SOLCM" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
To: "Jay Lessert" <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:58:20 -0500
OK.  Jay makes sense here:
1) Jay says: I have choices:  chg-scsi or chg-zd-mtx.
but I have a third config file in the distribution called chg-scsi-solaris.conf

The X80 has 80 slots for tapes. (elements)   Tape Drive 1 is element 451, 2 is
452, 3 is 453, and the cleaning cartridge lives in slot 0
and element 401-405 are the only way to put tapes in/out of unit!

So much for paying attention.  In modifying the chg-scsi file, I thought the
commands were well defined.

so for example startuse: 451 #The slots associated with the drive 1
would also be  enduse    451 since the drive is ONLY 1 slot.

Howerver, looking (thanks for humility check, Jay!) at The "FM". (in)
docs/TAPE.Changers correctly shows that startuse/enduse can be used to set # of
slots for machine.

so it should be startuse1,enduse80

Now can someone explain the following:
a) what is the relationship of mtx to chg-scsi
b) what is the relationship of chg-scsi.conf and the files in the
/usr/local/libexec
  directory (/usr/local/libexec/chg-scsi)

c) How do I get my unit to start READING the barcodes?

thanks again