Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda don't work with Exabyte VXA-2

2003-07-15 12:09:18
Subject: Re: Amanda don't work with Exabyte VXA-2
From: Niall O Broin <niall AT linux DOT ie>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:03:16 +0100
On Tuesday 15 July 2003 16:22, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> > You can fix that by doing this (as root)
> >
> > cd /dev
> > rm null
> > ln -s st0 null
>
> Shulov, just as a check, Niall meant this as sarcasm.

Well, my tongue was rather near my cheek, let's say. I guess this WOULD work,
but could lead to some 'interesting' side effects.

>       DO NOT DO IT!

Probably best alright.

> But do follow the comments in the amanda.conf file and install docs
> to set up your configuration.

Bottom line - amanda has to know where she is supposed to put the backups.
Perhaps you know where your tape drive is, but amanda surely doesn't unless
you tell her.

Niall