Amanda-Users

Amanda and Mac OSX

2003-07-12 14:12:38
Subject: Amanda and Mac OSX
From: rgrant AT rgfm DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:50:37 -0400

Hi everyone, I recently got amanda compiled and running on Mac's running OS 10.2.6 (kernel 6.6). The backups are done using amanda 2.4.4 (on Redhat Linux 7.2) with gnutar and all seems well on the level 0, but when level 1's are done it seems that it always reverts to level 0's.
I looked around and found the the files that seems to keep the incremental info are stored in the format /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/slice_name_0 , but on the said system it stays as /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/slice_name_0.new . I am not sure  why it keeps the .new extension ?

Roger Grant