Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and Mac OSX

2003-07-13 09:53:37
Subject: Re: Amanda and Mac OSX
From: rgrant AT rgfm DOT com
To: Dietmar Goldbeck <dietmar.goldbeck AT acm DOT org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 09:47:04 -0400

Thanks, that was the problem.

Roger Grant

Dietmar Goldbeck <dietmar.goldbeck AT acm DOT org>
Sent by: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

07/13/2003 06:05 AM

rgrant AT rgfm DOT com
cc
amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Subject
Re: Amanda and Mac OSX

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 01:50:37PM -0400, rgrant AT rgfm DOT com wrote:
> Hi everyone, I recently got amanda compiled and running on Mac's running
> OS 10.2.6 (kernel 6.6). The backups are done using amanda 2.4.4 (on Redhat
> Linux 7.2) with gnutar and all seems well on the level 0, but when level
> 1's are done it seems that it always reverts to level 0's.
> I looked around and found the the files that seems to keep the incremental
> info are stored in the format
> /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/slice_name_0 , but on the said system
> it stays as /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/slice_name_0.new . I am not
> sure  why it keeps the .new extension ?

This could happen if you are using a dumptype with the no-record option.

The no-record option is for testing another Amanda version/configuration
or archive backups and makes no sense if you want normal incrementals.

--
Alles Gute / best wishes
    Dietmar Goldbeck         E-Mail: dietmar.goldbeck AT acm DOT org