Amanda-Users

Restoring to a different location

2003-07-09 13:16:32
Subject: Restoring to a different location
From: Dave Sherohman <dsherohman AT westling DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:59:47 -0500
I recently returned from a vacation to discover that a database app had
decided to do strange things about a week and a half ago.  There was
no damage to the data (just a bunch of spurious reports printed), but
the app's vendor would like to see what the database looked like before
this happened.  There is no concern that the active database may have
been damaged.

Now, I know how to use amrecover to restore the files to their original
location, but overwriting the active database would be Very Bad, so how
do I restore them to a different location?  (I doubt that it matters,
but, just in case, the database directory is on a Windows machine which
is backed up by a Linux client via samba.)