Amanda-Users

Re: Weekly amflush

2003-07-09 12:58:40
Subject: Re: Weekly amflush
From: Scott Lambert <lambert AT lambertfam DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:46:51 -0400
On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 09:26:05AM -0600, Steven J. Backus wrote:
>   I'd like to do my daily dumps to the holding disk, then amflush
> it to the tapes over the weekend.  The suggestion I've heard here
> is to leave out the tapes, then put them in on Friday night, but
> what if I want to take Friday off?  Is there a way to do this
> automatically?

If you want to take Friday off, hand the tape to a secretary.  It's not a
job that requires technical accumen.

Or you could simply shove the tape in the drive Thursday and let it go
to tape a day early.  You risk your data on the holding disk 6 days a
week anyway.  Is there any big deal in doing on not Friday?

lambert AT lambertfam DOT org