Amanda-Users

Re: manually amdump'ing one client only?

2003-07-09 11:20:33
Subject: Re: manually amdump'ing one client only?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin AT gsi-kc DOT com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:17:57 -0400
On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 09:20:57AM -0500, Martin, Jeremy wrote:
> Sometimes I need to just back up one client, i.e. if amdump failed the
> previous night on just one client only. Is the easiest way to do this just to
> copy the disklist somewhere safe, then edit the disklist and remove all
> entries except for the one server I need to backup... or is there a better
> way?
>
> I'm backing up to the hard drive, so I'm not worried about wasting a "tape"
> on just one client if that is necessary.

man amdump

AME
       amdump - back up all disks in an Amanda configuration

SYNOPSIS
       amdump config [ host [ disk ]* ]*

DESCRIPTION

       You  can  specify  many  host/disk expression, only disks that match an
       expression will be dumped. All disk are dumped  if  no  expression  are
       given.

--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal