Amanda-Users

RE: manually amdump'ing one client only?

2003-07-09 11:17:04
Subject: RE: manually amdump'ing one client only?
From: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin AT gsi-kc DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:14:32 -0500
> Assuming you backup every night at midnight, is an extra
> backup at noon really that important? If you just let
> AMANDA do her thing, that machine will get a normal
> backup tonight, and if it was supposed to get a level 0
> last night, it will get it tonight. The previous backups
> are still (presumably) good.

True.. But if the 2003-07-07 backup is ok and 2003-07-08's backup fails, surely
the customer would pick the next day of all days to request a file to be
restored that was changed a few hours after the 07-07 backup. :-)

I guess I could just use amadmin to force a level 1 backup of that server at
noon the next day if nothing else, just so the backup finishes faster.