Amanda-Users

RE: Amrecover: 500 Access not allowed

2003-07-08 15:58:41
Subject: RE: Amrecover: 500 Access not allowed
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Rebecca Pakish Crum <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:54:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 at 2:42pm, Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote

> > What happens if you try 'amrecover isymmdaily -s web -t web'?
> >
> This worked like a charm. I think I'm in. I was able to set disk and set
> host based on this. Where are these options listed. I had previously
> checked out the man page for amrecover looking for some option to set my
> index and tape server, but didn't see anything?!?!

They're right at the top of amrecover(8) on my system (2.4.4)...

> I should probably rebuild amanda, eh?

Not necessarily.  Building amanda just sets defaults for those options
(you can see them if you do ./configure --help).  If you can remember to
do them by hand when you amrecover, there's no need for the defaults to be
"right".

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering