Amanda-Users

Re: Amrecover: 500 Access not allowed

2003-07-08 15:33:29
Subject: Re: Amrecover: 500 Access not allowed
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:31:19 -0400
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 02:19:05PM -0500, Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote:
> My backup server was installed and configured with a different name,
> because it was built online to replace an existing box. Server 1:
> web.isymmetrics.com; Server 2 built as webby.isymmetrics.com.
> [...]
> So I added 'webby' with the [same] ip addy to my /etc/hosts
> file on web,
> [...]
> [root@web libexec]# amrecover isymmdaily
> AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on webby ...
> 220 web AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
> 500 Access not allowed: [ip address 10.1.8.9 is not in the ip list for
> web]

I'm not familiar with that message.  But just as an off-the-cuff
guess, try adding "webby" as a CNAME for "web" in the DNS (as
opposed to simply in the machine's own /etc/hosts file).

Or rebuild Amanda :-(

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
When I came back around from the dark side, there in front of me would
be the landing area where the crew was, and the Earth, all in the view
of my window. I couldn't help but think that there in front of me was
all of humanity, except me.
        - Michael Collins, Apollo 11 Command Module Pilot