Amanda-Users

Re: Good option for dumporder

2003-07-08 13:29:56
Subject: Re: Good option for dumporder
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Bob Zahn <bzahn AT zeus.okccc DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:08:08 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 at 11:21am, Bob Zahn wrote

> I'm trying to set up the options in amanda.conf to improve the
> performance (this equates to shortest time to backup) of these five
> Windows NT/2K servers:
>
> server1 C$ 2.19GB
> server1 D$ 35.6GB
> server2 C$ 1.58GB
> server2 D$ 12.9GB
> server3 C$ 2.18GB
> server3 D$ 11.6GB
> server4 C$ 1.3GB
> server4 D$ 20.4GB
> server5 C$ 2.97GB
> server5 D$ 13.7GB

How many samba servers are you using?

> If you run the backup on these servers single threaded it takes about
> 10 hours to backup. I've changed inparallel to 8 and maxdumps to 8

If you have one samba server, and maxdumps 8, you may see a slowdown of
your dumprates offsetting your increased parallelism.  How do your
dumprates compare?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering