Amanda-Users

using same tape again?

2003-07-04 14:07:16
Subject: using same tape again?
From: Scott Petler <scottp AT sonic DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:00:26 -0700
I am using amanda to back up to a second hard disk.  I get the
following message:

These dumps were to tape DailySet101.
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^
*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing file: No space left on device]].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DailySet101.
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^

Why is it going to use the same "tape" again?  I've attached my configuration
files below.  Do I have a flag or setting wrong?  Shouldn't amanda switch
to the next tape?

Thanks,
Scott

******************** amanda.conf ********************************

org "DailySet1"         # your organization name for reports
mailto "root"           # space separated list of operators at your site
dumpuser "backup"       # the user to run dumps under
inparallel 4            # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel (max 63)
dumporder "sssS"        # specify the priority order of each dumper
netusage  6000 Kbps     # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per sec
dumpcycle 10 days       # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
tapecycle 14 tapes      # the number of tapes in rotation
bumpsize 20 Mb          # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumpdays 1              # minimum days at each level
bumpmult 4              # threshold = bumpsize * bumpmult^(level-1)
etimeout 300            # number of seconds per filesystem for estimates.
#etimeout -600          # total number of seconds for estimates.
dtimeout 1800           # number of idle seconds before a dump is aborted.
ctimeout 30             # maximum number of seconds that amcheck waits
tapebufs 20
runtapes 1
tpchanger "chg-multi"
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
maxdumpsize 40 gbytes
tapetype HARD-DISK              # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes below)
labelstr "^DailySet1[0-9][0-9]*$" # label constraint regex: all tapes must match
amrecover_do_fsf yes            # amrecover will call amrestore with the
amrecover_check_label yes       # amrecover will call amrestore with the
amrecover_changer "/dev/null"   # amrecover will use the changer if you restore
autoflush no #
infofile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo"      # database DIRECTORY
logdir   "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1"              # log directory
indexdir "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/index"        # index dir

define tapetype HARD-DISK {
        comment "use disk instead of tape"
        length 15 gbytes
}
define dumptype hard-disk-dump {
        global
        holdingdisk no
        priority high
}

define dumptype hard-disk-tar {
        hard-disk-dump
        comment "Backup to to hard disk instead of tape - using tar"
        program "GNUTAR"
}

define dumptype hard-disk-tar-nocomp {
        hard-disk-dump
        compress none
        comment "Backup to to hard disk instead of tape - using tar"
        program "GNUTAR"
}

****************** changer.conf *********************************
multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0

statefile /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status

firstslot 1
lastslot 14

slot 1 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape01
slot 2 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape02
slot 3 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape03
slot 4 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape04
slot 5 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape05
slot 6 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape06
slot 7 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape07
slot 8 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape08
slot 9 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape09
slot 10 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape10
slot 11 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape11
slot 12 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape12
slot 13 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape13
slot 14 file:/backup/amandadumps/tape14

**************** disklist ***************************************

localhost /home/photos hard-disk-tar-nocomp
localhost /home/scottp hard-disk-tar
localhost /home/connor hard-disk-tar
localhost /home/scottp.old hard-disk-tar
localhost /home/lee hard-disk-tar
localhost /home/travis hard-disk-tar-nocomp
localhost /home/maryann hard-disk-tar
localhost /etc hard-disk-tar
localhost /bin hard-disk-tar
localhost /boot hard-disk-tar