Amanda-Users

Re: using same tape again?

2003-07-04 14:43:46
Subject: Re: using same tape again?
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:39:46 -0400
On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 11:00:26AM -0700, Scott Petler wrote:

> I am using amanda to back up to a second hard disk.  I get the
> following message:
>
> These dumps were to tape DailySet101.
>                          ^^^^^^^^^^^
> *** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing file: No space left on device]].
> Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
> Run amflush to flush them to tape.
> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DailySet101.
>                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Why is it going to use the same "tape" again?
> [...]
> **************** tapelist ***************************************
>
> 20030704 DailySet101 reuse
> [...]
> 20306290 DailySet103 reuse
> 20306290 DailySet102 reuse

I'm not sure whether this is it, but ... DailySet102 and the rest
aren't due to expire for 27 years or so...  It seems a bit odd to
me that Amanda would be willing to reuse DailySet101 in this
case, instead of complaining, but that's another question.

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
When I came back around from the dark side, there in front of me would
be the landing area where the crew was, and the Earth, all in the view
of my window. I couldn't help but think that there in front of me was
all of humanity, except me.
        - Michael Collins, Apollo 11 Command Module Pilot