Amanda-Users

RE: Fatal reading result from taper

2003-07-03 15:23:26
Subject: RE: Fatal reading result from taper
From: "Josh Welch" <jwelch AT buffalowildwings DOT com>
To: <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:54:42 -0500
Gene Heskett said:
<snip>
> If I haven't lost my mind (at my age it could happen :), it should be
> in the archives of this list, just a few days old.  It even has a
> couple of attachments, which are the configuration stuff I use here.
> The attachments only totalled a bit less than 1400 bytes.
>
> If it can't be found, I can repost it.

I will confess to searching, but not browsing the archives, so I could
have missed it that way, was searching for my specific problem, not a
how-to. It would probably be a handy thing to hang out on the web
somewhere.
Anyway, after having built from scratch and tinkered with a couple of
other settings I now have one client backing up. It's not as painful
if you just build it according to the instructions. It does appear that
the RPM's from RedHat are not the way to go, at all. Just for kicks I
tried the 7.3 RPMs on my next client, they didn't work for me either.

Josh