Amanda-Users

EXT2 directory corrupted while converting directory #195556 ???

2003-07-02 17:09:33
Subject: EXT2 directory corrupted while converting directory #195556 ???
From: "Michael D. Schleif" <mds AT helices DOT org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:01:09 -0500
Now that I have amanda doing something useful, I have run into another
problem.

The first full backup that I did was successful, including backing up
/dev/sda1.

Subsequently, in order to test various functionality of amanda, I did
this:

# sudo -u backup amadmin DailySet1 force Bragi.private.network
amadmin: Bragi.private.network:sda1 is set to a forced level 0 at next run.

Then, I reset the time for the cronjob and continually get the subject
error on /dev/sda1:

sendbackup: start [Bragi.private.network:sda1 level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/sbin/dump
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gzip -dc |/sbin/restore -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
|   DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Wed Jul  2 15:00:04 2003
|   DUMP: Dumping /dev/sda1 (/) to standard output
|   DUMP: Added inode 7 to exclude list (resize inode)
|   DUMP: Label: none
|   DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
|   DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
|   DUMP: estimated 556620 tape blocks.
|   DUMP: Volume 1 started with block 1 at: Wed Jul  2 15:00:05 2003
|   DUMP: dumping (Pass III) [directories]
? /dev/sda1: EXT2 directory corrupted while converting directory #195556
?
|   DUMP: Broken pipe

I do not find anything of this sort in the amanda archives.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds