Amanda-Users

Questions about AMANDA

2003-05-30 10:59:19
Subject: Questions about AMANDA
From: "Roberto Samarone Araujo (RSA)" <rsa AT iesam.com DOT br>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:58:28 -0300
Hi,

      I have a backup policy and I would like to convert it to Amanda. The
backup policy is:

             One full backup - One time per month (without following
incremental backups)
             One full backup - One time per week and incrementals backups
until the next week. For example, if I make a full backup on monday, the
incrementals backups should be from tuesday until sunday.

      My problem is, how can I set up Amanda to do this ?

      Another questions:

             How can I restore a backup using Amanda ?
             If one of the clients that have been backuped is down (lose all
data), How  can I restore a backup on that client ?
             How can I change the label of a tape ?

      Sorry for this questions. I'm a newbie Amanda user.

                   Thanks,

           Roberto Samarone Araujo