Amanda-Users

RE: Configuring RH7.2 Amanda out of the box - error accessing Ama nda hosts file.

2003-05-30 10:54:24
Subject: RE: Configuring RH7.2 Amanda out of the box - error accessing Ama nda hosts file.
From: Kevin Passey <kpassey AT kdpsoftware.co DOT uk>
To: "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, "'jon AT jgcomp DOT com'" <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:47:17 +0100
Ok my amandahosts file looks like this.

dilmom.as400resource.com amanda

I have run the following

chown amanda.amanda /home/amanda/.amandahosts
and
chmod 600 /home/amanda/.amandahosts

and this is what I get from amcheck

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /usr/amanda/dumps: 16945236 KB disk space available, that's
plenty
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape kdpdfri label ok
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/kdp/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
Server check took 0.020 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: dilmom: [access as amanda not allowed from amanda@dilmom] open of
/home/amanda/.amandahosts failed
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.008 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

This is all from my disk crash - I decided for the sake of my sanity to
change everything back to use the amanda profile.

I can sort out the windows shares by creating another user on each PC.

What I am trying to acheive is to configure up the RH7.2 out of the box
amanda software.

I've managed to get all my config files back from the tapes.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Kevin